23 hours ago

  • April 19, 2018

46 hours ago

3 days ago

Space heater catches fire at elderly man's home in SE Houston

The fire erupted around 12:05 a.m. near Rockford and Westover, in southeast Houston.

    Space heater catches fire at elderly man's home in SE Houston
    An elderly man lost much of his home Monday morning in a fire believed to be caused by a space heater, Houston firefighters said. The fire erupted around 12:05 a.m. near Rockford and Westover, in southeast Houston. The homeowner was able to evacuate the house without any injuries, Houston Fire Department Senior Capt.
    https://www.chron.com

3 days ago

5 days ago

Apr 09

Apr 05

Apr 04

Apr 03

Apr 03

Apr 02

Apr 02

Apr 01

Mar 31

Mar 31

Mar 31

Mar 27

Mar 24

A&P Mechanic Saves Elderly

-Overbrook

Derrick Ford, an unemployed A&P Mechanic carried an elderly woman to safety during a horrific neighborhood house fire Thursday afternoon.

" I heard an explosion. We Initially thought it was at Hobby Airport but after the second blast, we knew it was from a house in the neighborhood," Ford said.

Lora Landry, the home owner, was seen struggling to pull a black sleeping bag from the burning home. Nieghbors watched in shock and in horror as fire and the...

Read full message…

-Overbrook

Derrick Ford, an unemployed A&P Mechanic carried an elderly woman to safety during a horrific neighborhood house fire Thursday afternoon.

" I heard an explosion. We Initially thought it was at Hobby Airport but after the second blast, we knew it was from a house in the neighborhood," Ford said.

Lora Landry, the home owner, was seen struggling to pull a black sleeping bag from the burning home. Nieghbors watched in shock and in horror as fire and the explosions contnued. Thick, white and black smoke filled the air over the home as fire raveged the structure. Ford raced to help Landry. He discovered resting in the sleeping bag was the frail and elderly mother of Landry. Ford carefully lifted and carried the elder to safety.

"I was sad we couldn't find their two dogs. It was surreal", Ford said.

A few minutes later, the Houston Fire Department arrived and extinguished the blaze. The neighbors reported hearing over five explosions. The cause of the fire is under investagation.
#

Mar 22

Mar 18

Mar 16

Mar 15

Mar 13

Mar 13

Mar 13

Mar 12

  • March 12, 2018

Mar 11

Mar 09

Mar 05

Mar 04

Mar 04

Mar 02

Mar 01

Mar 01

Feb 25

Feb 24

Feb 21

Feb 20

  • February 20, 2018

Feb 19

About

EveryBlock collects 18 types of news in Houston — including articles, real estate listings, meetups and conversations neighbors are having — and organizes it by location. Here is all the recent news and discussion near 8100-8199 Herschellwood Dr.

Thousands of neighbors connect and get their news via EveryBlock, including:

Alicia Adams Glenda Brandon Polson Harry Glover Marilyn Francis Burnom Therese Ramirez Darian Conston Sr. Crystal Pennamon Wynicha Armstrong Tracy Davis

You're 60 seconds from creating an account and joining them…

or
Enter your email address

8100-8199 Herschellwood Dr.